Sweet Potato Nachos RecipeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Main Courses, Snacks
Soft and crispy sweet potato wedges are the base of these colorful and creative nachos. Seasoned to zesty perfection and garnished with all of your favorite toppings, this Sweet Potato Nachos recipe is a tasty (and healthy!) twist on the classic appetizer.
A Tasty Twist on Nachos
This recipe starts with homemade baked sweet potato wedges. To make them, cut sweet potatoes into wedges and toss them in olive oil and seasonings. We like the spicy and smoky combination of smoked paprika, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
Arrange the sweet potato wedges into a single layer on a greased baking sheet and bake them at 425 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. Make sure to flip them over halfway through the cooking time. When they are finished, they should be soft in the center yet crispy on the outside.
Remove the potatoes from the oven, then push them together in the center of the pan so that they are closer to each other. Top them with shredded pepper jack cheese and chopped bell peppers. Place them back in the oven for about two minutes or until the cheese melts.
Finally, top your Sweet Potato Nachos with pico de gallo, sliced jalapenos, chopped cilantro and sliced green onions. Serve them up with a side of light sour cream and guacamole.
This Sweet Potato Nachos recipe makes four servings, so it’s a great snack or appetizer to share with the whole family. Each serving contains 204 calories. If you’re on the Nutrisystem program, you can log each serving into your NuMi app journal as half of a SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and one Extra.
You can have fun and get creative with this easy snack by trying it with different ingredients! Think classic nacho toppings, like black beans, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, corn, sliced onions or black olives. Just be sure to check the Nutrisystem Grocery Guide and keep track of any toppings you add in NuMi.
Want to pump up the protein in these delicious Sweet Potato Nachos? Add another PowerFuel, such as shredded chicken, steak or tofu to make it a full Flex meal.
More Healthy Nacho Recipes
Snack smarter with these other delicious and nutritious recipes inspired by nachos:
- Bell Pepper Nachos >
- Healthy and Cheesy Cauliflower Nachos >
- Healthy Apple Nachos >
- Greek Shredded Chicken Nachos >
- Nacho-Style Roasted Chickpea >
- BBQ Seasoned Chicken Nachos >
- Baked Cinnamon Apple Nachos >
- Crispy Nacho Cheese Chips >
- Crispy Cauliflower Nachos >
- Cashew Nacho Cheese Sauce >
- Pretzel Date Apple Nachos >
Calories per Serving: 204
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- ¼ cup pico de gallo
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup guacamole
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges. (Cut them in half. Then with the cut side down, slice them into 3 or 4 equal-sized wedges.)
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato wedges in oil. Season with paprika, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Place the sweet potato wedges on the baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, flipping halfway through the cook time. When finished, they should be soft in the center and lightly crispy on the outside.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and push them together so that they are closer to each other. Top with cheese and bell peppers. Return to the oven for about 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Top with pico de gallo, jalapeno, cilantro and green onion. Serve with sour cream and guacamole.