Make ahead snacks are essential to your weight loss plan. They make it easy to eat smart and stay satisfied, even with a busy schedule. Create the perfect grab-and-go snack that’s packed with wholesome ingredients and delicious flavor! Our Sweet and Smoky Trail Mix recipe is healthy, tasty and will quickly become a family favorite.
To create this creative combo, we put together savory elements like deshelled edamame, cashews and pumpkin seeds with some sweet additions like dried cranberries and chopped banana chips. Then we pump up the flavor with a smoky and slightly spicy medley of seasonings, including chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and smoked paprika. A little olive oil and a little time in the oven and you’ve got the ultimate midday snack for your healthy weight loss plan!
Healthy Hacks: Feel free to swap out the cashews with another nut you enjoy! Almonds, pecans or walnuts would be just as delicious. You can even customize the seasoning blend with your favorite spices and herbs. Feel free to get creative and create a unique trail mix that you love!
Since this recipe makes four servings, it’s a great recipe to whip up on Sunday and portion out in bags for the week. Feel free to double up the recipe if you have family members who need grab-and-go snacks! One serving of this Sweet and Smoky Trail Mix clocks in at 198 calories. It’s the perfect Flex snack, counting as one SmartCarb and one PowerFuel on your Nutrisystem program. You can easily log all of your Flex snacks into the NuMi journal using the Quick Log feature! Click here to Quick Log this recipe in the NuMi app. >
Looking for more easy snack recipes for your Flex meal prep menu? Check out the nutritious and delicious snack ideas below!:
- Dill Pickle Popcorn >
- Sweet and Salty Trail Mix >
- Sweet and Savory Chocolate Popcorn >
- Sweet Potato Crackers >
- 3-Ingredient Spicy Cucumber Snack Sticks >
- Lemon Poppy Seed Energy Bites >
- Chocolate Granola Recipe >
- 4-Ingredient Coconut Lime Energy Bites >
- Rosemary Kale Chips >
- Parmesan Dill Popcorn >
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Pecan Clusters >
Of course, if you don’t have time to make all of your own snacks, Nutrisystem is here to help! We offer plenty of sweet and salty snack options that fit into your weight loss plan. Their perfectly portioned, easy to grab-and-go and we even deliver them directly to your door! You’ll love our Zesty Snack Mix, Chocolate Chip Cookies and White Cheddar Popcorn. Click here to explore our a la carte menu! >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
Calories per Serving: 198
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel
- 1 cup edamame, deshelled
- 2 Tbsp. cashews
- 2 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup banana chips, chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika
- Toss edamame with oil and seasoning.
- Spread mixture onto a baking sheet in one even layer. Roast for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cashews and pumpkin seeds to the mix. Roast for another 5-15 minutes until crisp. Stir occasionally and watch carefully so they don't burn.
- Remove from oven and toss in the cranberries and chopped banana chips.
- Allow to cool before serving.