Instant Pot Pumpkin RisottoRecipe posted in:
Nothing says fall like an Instant Pot filled with a warm, hearty meal. Especially when that meal is this creamy Pumpkin Risotto.
An Instant Pot makes life easier in so many ways. As the holidays approach, this quick-cooking appliance will become your best friend. Whip up a healthy side dish for the season using this handy kitchen tool. Our diet-friendly Instant Pot Pumpkin Risotto will give you all the fall feels. With some basic ingredients and just a few adjustments to your Instant Pot’s settings, you will have a delicious and creamy risotto that will quickly become a fall family favorite.
Most of these ingredients are probably already in your pantry, such as onions, garlic, olive oil, brown rice, vegetable broth and spices. If you need to go shopping for a can of pumpkin, just make sure to grab unsweetened pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
One serving of this Instant Pot Pumpkin Risotto contains 267 calories and counts as one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. Feel free to serve this hearty recipe with an extra PowerFuel such as roasted turkey or grilled tofu for some additional protein. It would also be delicious paired with a salad of dark leafy greens.
Keep track of your PowerFuels and SmartCarbs with our easy-to-use NuMi app! Logging your food intake can help you stay accountable and reach your weight loss goals. Get started with NuMi here>
Looking for more recipes to throw in your Instant Pot? Check out these other easy ideas:
- Instant Pot Apple Cake >
- Instant Pot Maple Walnut Cheesecake >
- Instant Pot Italian Lentils >
- Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken >
- Easy Instant Pot Herb Roasted Potatoes >
- Instant Pot Breakfast Cereal >
If you want more lunches and dinners that are easy to prepare, Nutrisystem has a plan for you! Learn more about our programs here >
Calories per Serving: 267
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ cup brown rice, uncooked
- 3 ¼ cup vegetable broth, low sodium
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese, reduced fat
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, unsweetened
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. parsley fresh, chopped
- Heat oil in Instant Pot on "sauté" mode. Add garlic and onion and stir until translucent.
- Add rice and broth to the pot.
- Turn off “sauté” mode. Close and lock the lid to "seal" and cook on "manual" or high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Once finished, release the pressure by turning lid function to "vent".
- Stir in pumpkin puree, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg and black pepper.
- Top with chopped parsley.