Steak Stir Fry with Grilled Peppers and OnionsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Get your steak stir fry fix with this unbelievably tasty recipe that’s the perfect mixture of hearty and healthy.
Featuring lean flank steak marinated in a flavor-packed blend of ginger, garlic and low-sodium soy sauce, then combined with grilled peppers and onions and laid atop of bed of tender brown rice, this stir fry recipe has all the appeal of your favorite restaurant versions but leaves the guilt at home.
This savory steak recipe makes six servings, which makes it a great option for an easy dinner the whole family will love. And, since it counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, half a Vegetable and two Extras in the Nutrisystem program, it makes a great flex meal option. If your meal planner suggests you eat more SmartCarbs or PowerFuels, you can simply increase your serving accordingly (to add another PowerFuel serving, either double up on the steak in your portion or consider topping your steak stir fry with two tablespoons of crushed peanuts. Need to add another SmartCarb to the mix? You can either double up on the rice serving, or add a cup of grilled pineapple).
However you choose to enjoy your steak stir fry, be sure to log your meal in NuMi, our free tracking app. NuMi will help keep you on track toward your weight loss goals since you can use it to log your food, water, weight and activity. Plus, when you download NuMi, you’ll get access to all kinds of exclusive weight loss tips, recipes and special offers on all your favorite Nutrisystem foods and products. Click here to find out more about this awesome app >
Servings: Makes 6 servings
Calories per Serving: 304
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1/2 Vegetable and 2 Extras
- 1 lb. flank steak trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Combine water, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and cornstarch in a bowl. Pour half the mixture into a large Ziploc bag and add beef strips. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30-90 minutes.
- Heat cast-iron skillet with one tablespoon of canola oil over medium-high heat. Remove beef from marinade and add to the skillet. Cook until no longer pink. Remove beef.
- Add another tablespoon of canola oil. Add onion, bell peppers and chili peppers. Cook for five minutes.
- Whisk remaining marinade mixture. Add marinade mixture and beef to skillet. Cook until marinade thickens.
- Serve with ½ cup of rice.