Homestyle Pancake Breakfast Sandwich with Turkey BaconRecipe posted in: Nutrisystem Food Hacks, Breakfasts, Main Courses
Skip the drive thru! You can make your own tasty pancake breakfast sandwich right in your own home. With a little help from the Homestyle Pancakes from Nutrisystem, we’ve recreated a fast food morning meal that’s quick, easy and weight loss-approved!
Nutrisystem is back and continuing to prove that fast food doesn’t have to be unhealthy. In fact, it can be a part of your weight loss plan! This quick and easy breakfast sandwich recipe comes together in minutes. It has a soft and fluffy pancake exterior with a hot and cheesy filling that’s sure to satisfy.
This healthy version of a fast food favorite was inspired by the Bacon, Egg & Cheese McGriddles® from McDonald’s breakfast menu. However, we make several simple swaps to save you from indulging in unnecessary fat and calories.
First, instead of regular pancakes or griddle cakes, we use the fluffy and high-fiber Homestyle Pancakes from Nutrisystem for the bread of our pancake sandwich. For the sandwich filling, we combine three hearty yet lightened-up ingredients, including egg whites, low sodium turkey bacon and thinly sliced cheddar cheese.
Start your morning the healthy way instead of making a diet-destroying detour at the drive thru. McDonald’s Bacon, Egg & Cheese McGriddles® sandwich clocks in at 430 calories and 21 grams of fat. Our perfectly portioned version contains 265 calories and less than 10 grams of fat. Both options contain around 17 grams of protein.*
While the Homestyle Pancakes from Nutrisystem are already delicious all on their own, adding a few simple ingredients can really take them up a notch! You can log this tasty recipe as one Nutrisystem Breakfast and one PowerFuel in your NuMi app journal.
Running low on pancakes? Click here to stock up your freezer with this morning must-have! >
Searching for another savory start to your mornings? Check out these other hearty and healthy breakfast recipes:
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Omelet >
- Breakfast Quesadilla with Broccoli and Cheddar >
- 4-Ingredient Breakfast Mushroom Caps >
- Broccoli and Cheese Breakfast Muffins >
- Chipotle Tofu Breakfast Burrito >
- Super Power Breakfast Bowl >
- Slow Cooker Quinoa Carrot Breakfast Bowl >
- Easy Loaded Omelet Muffins >
*Information taken from company website on 11/2/2021.
Calories per Serving: 265
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Nutrisystem Breakfast and 1 PowerFuel
- 1 package Nutrisystem® Frozen Homestyle Pancakes
- 2 egg whites
- 1 slice turkey bacon, low sodium
- 1 slice cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- Heat pancakes and turkey bacon according to package's directions.
- Cook eggs scrambled or omelet style. Top with cheese and cover until melted.
- Assemble sandwich by placing cooked egg and cheese on one pancake. Top with bacon and remaining pancake. Serve hot.