If you’re looking for a Christmas-themed treat that’s both festive and delicious, try this recipe for Fruitcake Biscotti! This treat is perfect for healthy eaters who want to indulge in something sweet during the holidays. Best of all, it’s easy to make and doesn’t require any special ingredients. So go ahead and give it a try – your taste buds will thank you!
A Healthy Holiday Biscotti Recipe
Fruitcake is a popular Christmas dessert. We’re transforming it into a classic crunchy cookie: biscotti! These two sweet treats come together in this Christmas Fruitcake Biscotti recipe. It’s a healthy and delicious way to enjoy fruit cake and cookies without all the guilt. Made with whole wheat flour, almond flour and dried fruit, this biscotti is full of flavor and nutritious ingredients.
To make fruitcake biscotti, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine whole wheat flour, almond flour, baking powder, allspice and nutmeg. In a separate large bowl, combine coconut oil, sugar, eggs and almond extract. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until the mixture is well combined.
Next, stir dried fruit and sliced almonds into the dough. Cut the dough in half and form two logs that are about four inches wide and eight inches long. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
Remove the biscotti logs from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Slice the logs into 16 equal-sized pieces of biscotti. Lay the biscotti pieces flat on the baking sheet and bake for another 10 to 20 minutes, until they are slightly crisp.
Let the Christmas Fruitcake Biscotti cookies cool before serving. They should harden and crisp up more as they cool down so don’t worry if they’re still a little soft when you take them out of the oven!
This holiday dessert recipe makes 16 servings, so it’s perfect for bringing to Christmas parties. Each serving contains 182 calories. On a Nutrisystem weight loss plan? Log each biscotti in your NuMi app journal as half of a SmartCarb, half of a PowerFuel and 3 Extras.
More Healthy Holiday Recipes
- No-Bake Cranberry Cheesecake Parfait >
- Snowmen Fruit Kebabs >
- Holiday Gingerbread Rice Krispies >
- Strawberry Santa Hats >
- No-Bake Candy Cane Pudding Cups >
- Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip >
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies >
- No-Bake Coconut Gingerbread Cookie Bites >
Calories per Serving: 182
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ SmartCarb, ½ PowerFuel and 3 Extras
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup chopped dried fruit (cherries, golden raisins, apricots, pineapple, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, almond flour, baking powder, allspice and nutmeg.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the coconut oil, sugar, eggs and almond extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Stir in dried fruit and sliced almonds.
- Cut the dough in half and form 2 rectangular logs, about 4 inches wide and 8 inches long. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice the biscotti into 16 equal-sized pieces. Lay the pieces flat on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-20 minutes, until slightly crisp.
- Let biscotti's cool before serving. They should harden and crisp up more as they cool.