Craving a delicious pasta dish but don’t want to wreck your weight loss? Bookmark our Creamy Spinach Gnocchi recipe for a lightened-up version of a creamy classic. Complete with nutritious veggies and smothered in a homemade cheese sauce, our Creamy Spinach Gnocchi tastes like you’re cheating on your healthy meal plan, but it’s totally Nutrisystem-approved (and totally delicious!).
For this recipe, you’ll need just six ingredients. Boil whole wheat gnocchi until cooked through and saute spinach until wilted. Add in ricotta cheese, garlic powder and sundried tomatoes. Stir in the cooked whole wheat gnocchi and pour into a baking dish. Top the gnocchi with fresh Parmesan cheese and bake for 20 minutes while covered. To complete this delicious dish, remove foil and cook for an extra five minutes. Equally dish onto four plates and enjoy with the family for Italian night—it’ll certainly become a menu regular. Cooking for one? You can easily refrigerate the remaining servings and heat up throughout the week!
On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each serving of this Creamy Spinach counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and two Vegetables. Packed with spinach, garlic and cheese, our gnocchi recipe is full of flavor and gets in those veggie servings! And don’t forget to log each serving in the NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track with your meal plan each day. Not familiar with our easy-to-use tracker app? Check out NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App >
Italian night doesn’t have to derail your healthy lifestyle. We’ve created plenty of Italian-inspired diet-friendly dishes for you to enjoy! Check out a few of our favorites below:
- Slow Cooker Turkey Bolognese with Spaghetti Squash Pasta >
- Homemade Pasta Sauce: Chunky Veggie and Turkey >
- Vegetable Lasagna Bake >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan that will work for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 250
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 2 Vegetables
- 2 cups whole wheat gnocchi
- 7 cups spinach leaves
- 1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make gnocchi according to package’s directions.
- In a pan set to medium high, add spinach, cover and cook until wilted.
- Turn off heat. Add ricotta, garlic powder and sundried tomatoes. Stir in gnocchi.
- Pour into a baking dish. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 5 minutes.