Cacao Citrus SaladRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex™ Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Healthy Sides & Snacks
Get the recipe for our fresh citrus salad filled with slices of orange and grapefruit, pomegranates seeds, pistachios and cacao.
Grapefruit takes center stage in this refreshing fruit salad. This superfood may be bitter. However, with its bitterness comes an array of vitamins, minerals and health benefits. According to Healthline, grapefruit has been shown to promote weight loss, suppress appetite and improve blood sugar and heart health. Enjoy this healthful recipe as a side dish or as a part of your breakfast or lunch.
To make your colorful citrus creation, slice and peel two medium grapefruits and oranges, ensuring that all white is removed. You can use different varieties of these fruits, such as blood oranges or ruby red grapefruits. Arrange your citrus on a plate and sprinkle pomegranate seeds, cacao nibs and chopped pistachios on top. Mix up a dressing with maple syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon and drizzle it over your salad. Feel free to garnish with fresh mint leaves for some additional flavor and bitter benefits.
One serving of this Cacao Citrus Salad contains 128 calories and counts as one SmartCarb and two Extras on Nutrisystem. You are allotted three Extras each day on the Nutrisystem program, so it’s important to keep track of them for the best results. The NuMi app makes keeping track of your meals and snacks easy and can help you reach your goals! Get started with your FREE journal today >
There is so much to love about citrus. Check out these other fresh ideas:
- Grapefruit Avocado Toast >
- Arugula Beet Salad with Orange Slices >
- Vanilla Berry Grapefruit Smoothie Bowls >
- Orange Carrot Ginger Smoothie >
- Lemon Cooler Shake >
- Chili Lime Popcorn >
- Simple Citrus Marinade >
Enjoy losing weight with delicious meals and snacks from Nutrisystem! Learn more about our programs >
Calories per Serving: 128
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 2 Extras
- 2 medium grapefruits
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 Tbsp. pomegranate seeds
- 2 Tbsp. chopped pistachios
- 1 Tbsp. cacao nibs
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 1 dash cinnamon
- Slice citrus into 1/4-inch slices.
- Cut off peel of sliced citrus, ensuring all the whites are removed.
- Arrange citrus slices on to a plate.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds, chopped pistachios and cacao nibs on top of citrus slices.
- In a separate bowl, mix together syrup, vanilla and cinnamon. Drizzle syrup mixture over citrus salad.