Air Fryer Caprese Sweet Potato CrostiniRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Appetizers, Sides, Snacks
Forget the baguette! Sliced sweet potatoes make the perfect low carb substitute for crispy bread. Topped with classic caprese ingredients, these crostini’s will quickly become your new favorite snack.
The classic caprese salad is simplicity at is finest. Throw the three simple ingredients onto a crispy slice of sweet potato and you’ve got an elevated dish that is sure to impress. These little toasts would make a great snack, appetizer or lunch that anyone would enjoy.
To make this delicious recipe, simply slice up a sweet potato into four quarter-inch slices and toss them in olive oil and black pepper. Then it’s time to toast! Our recipe uses an air fryer. However, you could easily toast up your sweet potatoes in the oven or toaster until they’re crispy. Once they’re finished, top each slice with fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil leaves.
One serving of this Sweet Potato Crostini contains 161 calories and counts as one PowerFuel and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. Double up the serving size to make a complete Flex meal. Just make sure to log them in the NuMi app to ensure you don’t overindulge. NuMi can help you stay accountable with your food intake and fits perfectly into your weight loss journey. Click here to log this recipe in NuMi >
Craving more caprese? Check out these other unique takes on this simple salad:
- Asparagus Caprese Salad >
- Caprese Kebabs >
- Caprese Salad in a Mason Jar >
- Caprese Turkey Burger >
- Caprese Salad >
If you love Italian-inspired cuisine, you’ll love Nutrisystem! Our menu is filled with Italian classics, such as Four Cheese Manicotti, Italian-Style Sausage and Peppers,
Stuffed Shells and Ravioli Formaggio! Click here to stock up >
Get healthy and enjoy losing weight with delicious meals and snacks delivered right to your door! Learn more about the Nutrisystem program >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 161
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 1 sweet potato, sliced into ¼-inch slices
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F. Spray basket with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, toss together sweet potato slices with olive oil and black pepper.
- Place slices in the air fyer in one even layer. Be careful not to overlap slices.
- Fry for 8 minutes. Flip each slice and fry for an additional 4 minutes.
- Top each slice with fresh mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes and basil.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.