Gluten Free Chocolate Almond BiscottiRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Snacks, Desserts
Looking for a crunchy, chocolaty treat made with clean ingredients? Our Chocolate Almond Biscotti is low carb, gluten free and the perfect sweet snack to pair with a cup of coffee.
You might assume that a cookie would count toward your daily SmartCarbs. However, in this gluten free recipe we swapped out regular flour with almond flour for a boost of protein and healthy fats. We also mix in unsweetened cocoa powder, coconut oil, egg whites, vanilla, almond extract and slivered almonds for a healthy biscuit that fits into your weight loss program. Biscotti is typically a mild cookie with very little sweetness. However, if you’ve got a sweet tooth, feel free to sprinkle a little stevia on top while your cookies are cooling.
One serving of this Gluten Free Chocolate Almond Biscotti contains 136 calories and counts as one PowerFuel and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. Before you reach for a second cookie, make sure that it fits into your daily meal plan by logging this recipe into your NuMi journal. The NuMi app is the ultimate tool for your Nutrisystem weight loss plan and is the best place to keep track of your meals, water and exercise. Click here to log your biscotti in NuMi >
Chocolate covered nuts are the perfect combination of sweet, salty, creamy and crunchy. Check out our other recipes featuring this dynamic duo:
- Chocolate Cherry Bliss Balls >
- Chocolate Coconut Granola Bars >
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars >
- German Chocolate Smoothie Bowl >
- 4-Ingredient Chocolate Hazelnut Spread >
- Maple Chocolate Pecan Pies >
The Nutrisystem A La Carte menu is also filled with delicious, grab-and-go snacks with chocolatey nuts. Stock up on our Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Nut Bar, Chewy Peanut Bar, Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies and Coconut Almond Bar!
Searching for more snacks to add to your weight loss menu? Nutrisystem is the program for you! Learn more about our meal plans >
Servings: 10 (1 serving = 1 cookie)
Calories per Serving: 136
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 ¼ cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 egg whites, separated
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together almond flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix together coconut oil, 1 egg white, vanilla and almond extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Stir in sliced almonds.
- Form dough into a log that's about 4 inches wide and 1 inch thick.
- Mix the second egg white with a dash of water and brush the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven anad let cool for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- Once cooled, cut the log into about 10 1-inch cookies. Return to the oven and bake for another 20-30 minutes (30 for crunchy, 20 for less crunchy).
- Remove cookies from the oven and let them cool on a wired rack for 30 minutes.