Start your morning with banana oatmeal filled with the flavors of maple syrup, caramelized bananas, cinnamon and pecans. This breakfast is so good, it could double as dessert!
There’s nothing better than a warm, filling bowl of oatmeal to begin your day. While oatmeal is super nutritious and satisfying, it can be pretty bland when it’s on its own. That’s why we took your classic bowl of oats and transformed them into a gourmet brunch packed with flavor.
To make this breakfast bowl, start by cooking your oatmeal in almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon to create a sweet and creamy base. Next, grab a skillet and caramelize fresh bananas slice in coconut oil and maple syrup until they become golden and crispy. Finish up by dividing the oatmeal into four equal servings and top each one with the caramelized bananas and crunchy pecan halves.
Pro tip: If you’d like, feel free to throw your pecan halves into the pan with your bananas to add some extra sweetness and crunch.
One serving of this Maple Banana Oatmeal contains 254 calories and counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. To ensure you don’t overindulge in this decadent dish, make sure to log it in the NuMi app! It’s easy-to-use journal perfectly complements your Nutrisystem meal plan and helps you stay accountable with your food intake. Click here to log this recipe in NuMi >
Are you bananas for bananas? Check out these other delicious recipes!:
- Cinnamon Banana Protein Popsicles >
- Chocolate Covered Banana Bites >
- 3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes >
- Gluten Free Banana Bread >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie >
- 4-Ingredient Banana Nice Cream >
No time for cooking? Nutrisystem makes a delicious Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal that’s ready to enjoy after just a few short minutes in the microwave! Click here to stock up on breakfasts for the week >
If you’re looking for more nutritious breakfasts to start your day, Nutrisystem has a plan for you! Learn more about our meal plans >
Calories per Serving: 254
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 1 cup old fashioned oats, dry
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 medium banana, sliced into ½-inch slices
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, halved
- Bring almond milk to a boil in a medium pot.
- Stir in oats and cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- When oats are finished, stir in vanilla extract, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Caramelized Bananas
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the maple syrup and cook until it starts bubbling.
- Add the bananas and simmer for a few minutes on each side until golden and slightly crispy.
- Divide oatmeal into four equal bowls and top each one with caramelized bananas and pecan halves.