Dig your spoon into the fresh-baked flavor of apple pie, but without any of the baking! Dessert is perfectly acceptable for breakfast when you’ve got a smart and satisfying oatmeal recipe like this one. Trendy, tasty and totally weight loss-approved, these Apple Pie Blended Overnight Oats are a meal prep miracle that’s worth waking up for.
Apple Pie-Inspired Blended Oatmeal
Breakfast is made easy with the variety of healthy overnight oatmeal recipes here on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog. While this popular morning meal is already yummy, blending the oats before letting them soak creates a whole new mouthfeel that’s creamy, dreamy and delicious. The result is a pudding-like texture and a tasty twist on the infamous breakfast trend that we’re so down for.
To make this apple pie flavored version of blended overnight oats, you’ll need a very special ingredient: The Apple Walnut Oatmeal from Nutrisystem. This top-rated breakfast features real apples, walnuts and a dash of cinnamon for 150 calories, five grams of protein and two grams of added sugar. It makes this recipe easier (and tastier) than ever!
Place the Apple Walnut Oatmeal into a blender or food processor with some protein powder (we love Nutrisystem Vanilla Protein Shake Mix!), nonfat Greek yogurt, water, chia seeds and classic apple pie spices, such as cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
Blend the mixture until it’s smooth, then pour it into bowls. Cover and refrigerate the blended oats overnight. Before digging in, top your bowl with some unsweetened almond milk and diced apples.
This Blended Overnight Oats recipe makes two servings. That means it’s perfect if you’re meal prepping for a couple busy days ahead! It’s also a great option if you’re on the Nutrisystem Partner Plan, allowing you to cook breakfast for two while you sleep.
We love storing each serving of these oats in a small mason jar or lidded container for easy grabbing and going in the morning. If you only want to enjoy one serving, simply divide the ingredients in half and prepare one bowl.
One serving of this blended oats recipe contains 213 calories. You can log it into your NuMi app journal as one PowerFuel and one SmartCarb. Feel free to add another PowerFuel by topping your oatmeal with a serving of chopped walnuts or enjoy it with a glass of skim milk.
More Easy Overnight Oatmeal Recipes
Meal prep while you sleep with the magic of overnight oats recipes! Here are some other tasty combos for you to try:
- Maple Coffee Blended Overnight Oats >
- Chocolate Hazelnut Blended Overnight Oatmeal >
- Superfood Overnight Oats >
- Mocha Coffee Overnight Oatmeal >
- Berry Cheesecake Protein Overnight Oats >
- Banana Nut Overnight Oatmeal >
- Blueberry Peach Pie Protein Overnight Oats >
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats Parfait >
Calories per Serving: 213
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel
- 2 packets Nutrisystem® Apple Walnut Oatmeal
- ½ scoop Nutrisystem® Vanilla Protein Shake Mix
- ¼ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup water
- ½ Tbsp. chia seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ apple, diced
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, to taste
- Place oatmeal, protein powder, yogurt, water, chia seeds and spices into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pour blended oatmeal into two bowls. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, top with milk and diced apples.