Whoever told you that a yummy cake can’t be easy to bake and healthy to eat has clearly never visited The Leaf! We have countless yummy and guilt-free dessert recipes, and our Instant Pot Apple Cake recipe is one our favorites.
Just like any other recipe, it all starts off with picking out the perfect ingredients. Ripe and juicy Granny Smith apples are the foundation of our Instant Pot Apple Cake.
Next, you’ll need to open up your spice cabinet and do a roll call. As long as you have cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, vanilla extract and salt, you’re ready to season the cake!
Digging into a delectable dessert often makes us feel guilty—like we’re cheating ourselves out of a healthy lifestyle. But, as long as you’re watching your portions and aware of what you’re eating, you can push those feelings away.
We love dishing out delicious and nutritious recipes for you, but that’s only half of the aforementioned equation. We also created the NuMi app to help you watch those portions and keep track of your meal plan throughout the week, month and year.
Today’s spotlight may be on the instant pot apple cake, but we recommend bookmarking these other great cake recipes, too:
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 128
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 3 cups (~4 apples) diced firm apples (Granny Smith, Pink Lady)
- ½ Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp. stevia baking blend (e.g. Truvia)
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine diced apples, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and 1 tablespoon stevia baking blend; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large-sized bowl, whisk together the applesauce, zest and juice of orange, stevia baking blend, vanilla extract and eggs. Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until a smooth batter is formed.
- Prepare springform pan by spraying liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Then, pour half the cake batter into pan and top with half the diced apples. Repeat with remaining batter and apples. Cover springform pan with aluminum foil.
- Add one cup of water to Instant Pot and place trivet inside. Place the springform onto the trivet and seal lid with vent in the closed position.
- Select “Pressure Cooker” setting and “High Pressure.” Change cooking time to 60 minutes. When beep sounds (signaling completion of cooking), allow pressure to release naturally from the Instant Pot before carefully removing lid.
- Carefully remove springform pan from Instant Pot and remove foil. Allow cake to cool completely before removing the springform.