Your favorite cereal or homemade apple granola in the world couldn’t beat this amazingly hot, sinfully delicious Air Fryer Baked Apple.
This easy baked apple recipe turns raw, wholesome ingredients into something unrecognizable in the best way possible. Air fryers are a gift from above making sugary, caramelized and softened treats attainable, no matter what your weight loss goal is.
Learning how to make this baked apple is easy. All you need is just a smidge of butter and cinnamon. This Baked Apple (or pear!) recipe is an American favorite that’s sure to bring comfort your way without busting the calorie bank. In fact, each serving of this Air Fryer Baked Apple clocks in at fewer than 150 calories (with carbohydrates of the SmartCarb variety).
The best part about these air fryer apples? They have the bakery taste of some of your favorite calorie-laden pastries. Now how do you like dem apples?!
Pro Tip: Double up the serving size for a Nutrisystem Flex snack.
While one Extra is noted per serving, you’ll see that this recipe is extra everything in the flavor department. Click here to learn more about Nutrisystem Extras! >
Looking for more easy snacks for weight loss? Nutrisystem is the plan for you! Learn more about our meal plans >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 139
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ SmartCarb, ½ PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 medium apple or pear
- 2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. raisins
- 1 ½ tsp. light margarine, melted
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Cut the apple or pear in half around the middle and spoon out some of the flesh.
- Place the apple or pear in frying pan (which may be provided with the air fryer) or on the bottom of the air fryer (after removing the accessory).
- In a small bowl, combine margarine, cinnamon, nutmeg, walnuts and raisins.
- Spoon this mixture into the centers of the apple/pear halves.
- Pour water into the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.