Recipes: 3 Guilt-Free Summer TreatsArticle posted in: Recipes
With warmer weather finally here, are you finding yourself tempted by the season’s sweetest treats? We’ve got your solution: Try these healthy takes on the summer staples you crave, and stay slim-down strong all season long.
Slimmed-Down Chocolate Cherry Sorbet
Try this creamy sorbet that features all the tastes of your favorite ice cream flavor―and none of the guilt. This recipe serves one. On Nutrisystem, each serving counts as 1 SmartCarb and 1 Dessert.
½ frozen banana
½ cup frozen cherries
2 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
1 packet Nutrisystem Nutrichocolates
Water (as needed for consistency)
1. Add banana chunks, cherries and almond milk to blender and mix until creamy.
2. Add Nutrichocolates and pulse until well-mixed.
3. Serve immediately, or freeze for later. If saving, place sorbet into a sealed container and freeze overnight. When ready to enjoy, let sorbet sit at room temperature for a few minutes, scoop and serve.
Lightened Up Pineapple Whip
Here’s a sweet, refreshing treat that will take you back to your childhood. Featuring just two ingredients, this recipe is as simple to make as it is delicious. This recipe makes four servings. On Nutrisystem, one serving counts as 1 SmartCarb.
4 cups frozen, unsweetened pineapple
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
Combine ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until the mixture achieves a sorbet-like consistency. *Note: if saving for later, just re-blend when you’re ready to eat.
Strawberry Delight Fro-Yo
Cool off this summer with this delicious frozen yogurt featuring the season’s sweetest flavor―strawberry. This recipe yields four servings. On Nutrisystem, each serving counts as 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra: Limited.
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Add all ingredients to blender or food processor. Blend until creamy, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in freezer.